1. Asia volatility – HK up as much as 6% earlier today (although finished at around half this gain) as Chinese investors start to switch from Chinese listed to HK listed versions of the same stock (the latter still at a 25% discount). Of course maybe Shanghai is just catching up on Hong Kong as per this 5 year chart...
2. The start of the earnings season...and even though expectations (below) are low Alcoa disappoints...
3. ...and even WD-40 which I really like as a company at so many levels has me thinking I want to see a lower share price to invest (link here).
4. I use my latest Yahoo Finance Contributors column to highlight a couple of stunning economic statistics out today (link here).
5. And finally...the Greeks pay up tranche #1 in April although listening to an interview with the Greek finance minister they are prepared to compromise but 'not prepared to be compromised'.
Nevertheless the euro drops sharply again and hence the Stoxx 600 is kicking around at record levels...
Currency wars another step closer...




No comments:
Post a Comment