Pages

Thursday, 19 February 2015

Financial Orbit wrap 19/02/15

Five sentences or graphics which sum up the Financial Orbit output over the last 24 hours across the website, twitter account and anything else thought about...

1. This graphic showing prime agricultural land outperforming prime real estate in the UK was on the front page of today's Financial Times...



2. I muse about Centrica in my latest ShareProphets column...not a happy share today after a 30% dividend cut:  

3. Nestle results were solid (but not compelling enough for me to buy here)...


4. ...whilst I continue to be excited about Philip Morris International opportunities after listening to their CFO present at the CAGNY conference.  Wal-Mart by contrast I would need to see a lower share price to buy the stock.  


5. Finally, the ECB minutes were not wholly illuminating but did show that effectively Germany helped induce the non region-wide risk sharing seen in last month's QE announcement.  Funnily enough it looks as if such non general risk sharing continues with the Germans apparently blocking the latest Greek bail-out/restructuring suggestions...I think this story will keep on running as they search for a compromise (or a breakdown of the eurozone as we know it). 


No comments:

Post a Comment