Pages

Monday, 22 December 2014

Financial Orbit wrap 22/12/14

Five sentences or graphics which sum up the Financial Orbit output over the last 24 hours across the website, twitter account and anything else thought about...

1. China's strong recent run has led to some notable re-rating by some Chinese equities against their global peers: 



2. Gold has been a positive theme for me for a number of years now and despite recent volatility I still perceive value - especially in companies such as Randgold Resources.  Another reason for being strategically positive about gold is just who is continuing to accumulate it as nicely indicated by this chart:


3. My latest Yahoo Finance Contributors column muses on active management...and the real opportunity is to be really active:
 

4. I write-up my year-long stock tips from December 2013...and discover I have biases and that the an 'active' active management positioning as described in 3. above suits me too...

5. Oil had a volatile day...there's certainly one US state that is watching the progress of the price closely...


No comments:

Post a Comment