Pages

Wednesday, 1 October 2014

Charts today - fixed asset life, global M&A deals, real income, global inflation and October & the DXY

A few interesting charts I have come across today.

Wow...I knew that capex spending was being held back but this statistic on the US economy surprised me:


And the biggest global M&A deals are:


So UK economic growth was historically revised up on various statistical criteria.  Historic and does not mean much...but statistically it does mean that real income decline is now larger:


I liked this from GaveKal Capital who have developed a simple global inflation index (equally-weighted). Bond investors will like what they see here.  Justifies lower for longer?


A few forward looking statistical pattern charts to finish with.  Often the DXY (the dollar trade weighted index) struggles in October...interesting to note given the high RSI (mid 80s) on the measure at the moment


Meanwhile Horan Capital highlighted that US large caps have performed a lot better both MTD and QTD and YTD.  Weak emerging market numbers based on the US dollar strength...


1 comment:

  1. I also use Ideals virtual data room for m&a deals. I think we should use more such service for business running. It helps to increase efficiency and gen a lot of profits.

    ReplyDelete