Pages

Thursday, 10 July 2014

What WD-40 says about the global economy

I have talked about the global branded lubricants and related company WD-40 a couple of times given their (growing) global orientation:



They also give great insights into the global economy back in January I noted that:

'The company's traffic lights slide captures it best...its 0 reds, 3 yellows and 2 greens. 


 No reds but more yellows than greens.  That's how the traffic lights are shaping up in the real world and the investment backdrop we live in today'

So what does the update say after the close yesterday (Wednesday)?  Well...spot the difference:


So stability at least, which is good at a certain level but is hardly...dynamic.  Interesting too that WD-40 shares are broadly at a similar level to what they were at in January.  


Not quite - potentially - as bullish a message as Alcoa (link here) certainly adjusted for any market level rise in the interim and general corporate valuations (I even sold my WD-40 shares in the early US$70s a number of months ago).  Who do you trust for your corporate insights into the global economy?

No comments:

Post a Comment