A list of the most popular posts on www.financialorbit.com over the last week...and a bonus link to one which did not appear in the top five.
1. By far and away the most popular post of the last week was 'Financial Orbit's 29 additional finance people to follow on Twitter' (link here).
2. Friday's macro selection with various thoughts on EU reform, Russia and gold amongst other matters was the second most popular post (link here).
3. Tuesday's macro selection with various thoughts on dividend yields, the yuan, the Bank of Japan and a fund management survey was the third most popular post (link here).
4. Thursday's macro selection with thoughts on US GDP growth, Puerto Rico and European retail sales/sentiment was the fourth most popular post (link here).
5. Wednesday's macro selection which included thoughts on the Chinese middle class, oil and the thoughts of US small businesses was the fifth most popular post (link here).
And a bonus link? Has to be the new Financial Orbit Speaks:
Published on 16th October 2015 - link here
The latest Financial Orbit Speaks enhanced podcast by Chris Bailey reviews the latest macroeconomic news including some troubling data in the United States, a clear slowdown in global trade volumes and the improvement in the gold price. Drawing on these insights five investment themes with relevance to this backdrop - along with relevant individual stock examples - are discussed.