Tuesday, 21 July 2015

Financial Orbit wrap 21/07/15

Five sentences or graphics which sum up the Financial Orbit output over the last 24 hours across the website, twitter account and anything else thought about...

1. FX – latest Economist ‘Big Mac Index’ shows that the US$ only cheap against Swiss and Norwegian currencies.  £ a little undervalued, Euro 10%+ undervalued.  Various emerging market currencies up to 40% (China) undervalued.  Interesting for the medium-term investor...

 

2. Of course it was a HUGE earnings day.  Let's start in Europe (link here).  I thought the Akzo Nobel numbers summed it up quite well...thanks weak euro (and no pricing power). 



3. Meanwhile in the US bellweather United Technologies pulls back numbers which is kind of worrying for the world, yes? (Link here). 


4. Meanwhile despite my general love for spin-offs I decide to sell my Citizens Financial after their Q2 publication which just does not cut it for me...been a good trade since float late last year (link here). 

5. And then there are all the other numbers...Novartis also struck me as worthy as comment today and I really need to do some work on Harley Davidson some time. Meanwhile the AH numbers today are phenomenal: Apple, Microsoft, Yahoo, VWWare...

Busy times...

No comments:

Post a Comment