1. China HSBC Manufacturing PMI (Apr, F): 48.9 (exp 49.4 prev 49.2). Fastest decline in a year. Drop in new orders also sharpest in a year. No barrier to further interest rate cuts in my view...
2. As for the European manufacturing PMIs...there are more directional 'lows' than 'highs'...
...contributing to the global manufacturing PMI which 'falls to 21-month low' as per this aggregate report.
3. I write about McDonald's in my latest Yahoo Finance Contributors column...
...concluding I would rather buy one of their burgers than the stock today.
4. Impressive revenue performance by Comcast as per their numbers today...showing the strong demand/pricing power for their products:
5. The New York Ira Sohn conference pushed out lots of stock ideas. David Einhorn talked about 'MotherFrackers' and his fears for parts of the US oil industry. I note that a pro Yum! Brands comment briefly put the shares up sharply but they ended down. I have noted recently that the stock seems up with events (although a high quality, thematically interesting stock).




No comments:
Post a Comment