Pages

Monday, 13 October 2014

Charts today - buybacks, euro beneficiaries, key level for the US$ and drone strikes

A few charts of interest today:

Some big buybacks...and a bit of earnings benefit too:


Re the upcoming European earnings season some interesting impacts from the cheaper euro i.e. healthcare/pharma are the main beneficiaries.  No surprises there.  Personally I see greater value in international / $ exposure from other areas including media and consumer.  Telecoms is interesting too.  Surprised the data does not show the industrial side which naturally should be a benefit from a weak currency.

Talking about the US dollar I thought this was a good chart too showing that the currency (as expressed by the DXY) has risen to a very interesting level.  All to play for (especially following the lead story I put in Sunday evening's 'Stories we should be thinking about' (link here).  



Finally, did drone strikes in Pakistan and Yemen really peak in 2010?  I never knew that.



No comments:

Post a Comment