Got to keep on watching Japan in Asia. Following a set of poor consumer confidence numbers another slip in the yen has left those one decade lows at the 120 against the US dollar look like a target... (I remain short the yen):
Another exchange rate I have been looking at as a signal is the Australian dollar...
...where I still see the 0.95 level against the US dollar being a huge resistance area due to the some of the growing challenges in the local economy as China slows. Beyond knock-on effects from the mining sector the Australian property sector has long worried me. The Australia Property Forum (@OzPropertyForum) highlighted the continued boom in property lending as a proportion of total lending with the observation that 'Investors are entering uncharted waters; national housing speculation has never been higher'
Or as @brookecorte put it:
'First home buyers cont to disappear from the housing market. Loan figures today show they account for record low 12.2%'.
Not good.
Finally, China. I have talked a lot here about the ongoing microeconomic reform that enables the below more strategic/macroeconomic opportunity to be embraced:
(h/t @wef)
As I have mentioned before I follow the People's Daily (@PDChina) and found this observation from them interesting:
'People in China & Japan see the 2 side’s relation hit the worst in 10 years:
The 10th China-Japan Public Opinion Poll'





No comments:
Post a Comment