Pages

Friday, 8 August 2014

Charts today - high yield flows, FX changes, German exports to Russia, global property prices and...radical US weather

Charts today has to start with the bond market.  On a day when sovereign bond yields in the US and Germany continue to compress...but high yield fund flows continue to worsen.  That's risk-aversion for you.  Amazing that it was just a few weeks ago that 'cov-lite' bond sales were rampant...


So more volatility in the bond markets, what about the currency markets?  That bout of recent US dollar strength is not so material (yet), ditto euro weakness.

(h/t @ReutersGMF)

Nice chart from Berenberg Economics today on the trend in German exports to Russia...I think we can guess the next iteration here...

The South China Morning Post was feeling a bit sore about selected Hong Kong property prices BUT on average the HK property market is not as crazy as certain others...step forward London in particular in my view


Finally, I like this autumn weather chart prediction - all that is missing is pestilence I think!


No comments:

Post a Comment