1. Without any 'flash' data from China anymore it is interesting that the headline SMI is flattish...
(h/t @Callum_thomas)
Also on China I found this report fascinating...could we see a weaker yuan to help out as well as lower Chinese interest rates and general stimulus...but all that is going to do is pile more pressure on the US dollar/US economy...
Meanwhile recall that a head of a Chinese brokerage could not be contacted – well Bloomberg note that 12 heads of private equity firms could also not be contacted.
2. As I wrote up here:
Rolls Royce - a few thoughts after the much-anticipated corporate update
2. As I wrote up here:
Rolls Royce - a few thoughts after the much-anticipated corporate update
3. In the US I write up Tiffany's and Campbell's Soup here. Suffice to say one of the names impresses me more than the other...
4. Some...diversified US economic numbers out which I summarise as:
US economic short: better GDP, shabby consumer confidence, v patchy Q3 corporate earnings season. Correctly $DXY concludes don't go thru 100
5. Meanwhile, it was a funny day on the markets with the Turkish jet downing impacting...but not always in the sectors/stocks that you would think including the commodity names:
Smell of sector rotation or just (US) holiday shortened week short covering that boosts #oil / #gold on a couple of geopolitical headlines?
Got to keep watching...the key remains that US dollar trade weighted measure...





No comments:
Post a Comment