1. Asia – Asian Development Bank cut their growth outlook for ’15 for China to 6.8% from 7.2%, India from 7.8% to 7.4% and for the whole region from 6.3% to 5.8%.
2. How about general risks in the world? No surprises what has become more of a perceived risk over recent weeks...
But how about lower/slower global trade?
...and then - of course - markets were pretty volatile today:
US stocks selling off to start a gloomy day. Risk off is the game so far. VW crisis; ADB cut China forecast, Fed uncertainty=anxiety (h/t @minzengwsj)
3. Carnival shares fell sharply. I write up the numbers here...
4. ...meanwhile Mosaic shares also fell sharply to post financial crisis lows but that does not mean they are attractive relative to other opportunities (link here).
5. And to end...what a day...as @FastFT noted:
The FTSE Eurofirst 300, which is made up of Europe's largest publicly traded companies, closed down 3.2 per cent in its biggest drop since August 24, which was dubbed 'Black Monday' after a plunge in Chinese equities soured investors appetite for risk.
PMI manufacturing numbers tomorrow...interesting times.