1. US interest rates – implied interest rate probabilities now suggest US Fed rate rise 38% Sept probability, 67% by year end. Noticeably lower than a day ago. Nice write-up of views of many investment banks here
2. China – This article suggests that the key level is 3,500 for the Shanghai bourse. You can see what maybe they mean:
3. In my latest Share Prophets column I write about the prospects for Stock Spirits...and the Polish vodka market (link here).
4. I write up the results of a bunch of Asian companies in two reports here and here. Selected opportunities are building either directly or indirectly in the region.
5. Otherwise a volatile day on markets - so basically building individual stock opportunities. Observations I liked included:
AAII Sentiment Survey: A new record for neutral sentiment! Above its historical avg of 31% for 33 consecutive weeks http://
Nasdaq now off 6% from its all-time high. First 6%+ pullback since the 9/2/14-10/15/14 period. 200-DMA broken as well...