1. Greece – FT front page noting that ‘Greece and its creditors are close to reaching an outline deal… Significant concessions…have encouraged other hawkish Eurozone members such as Finland to break with Berlin, which wants to hold out longer to squeeze more reforms from Athens’. The ‘break with Berlin’ part interesting…think ultimately Germany will come along (‘German pragmatism’) but that does not mean they/others think it will work
Just a quick reminder of Greek payment deadlines...
2. I explain in my most recent Share Prophets column why esure shares are still not interesting despite bringing back a much derided advertising figure...(link here).
3. A couple of surprising charts. First this via the Federal Reserve Board. My instinct is that the heat may only be on certain areas (like commercial real estate) but my general instinct is that when you think it is safe to get into the water...put it:
About time too...after my observations in recent days about value in this space. So I guess - at least today - we should not be so worried about this:
4. An updated list of the conferences I am speaking at during the rest of 2015 can be read on LinkedIn here.
5. Apparently how we online laugh is changing:'lol' is so old hat...