1. Oil continues its sharp upward move - surely accentuated by the extent of the recent inventory rise which undoubtedly influenced the market to be one way (and hence susceptible to short covering).
2. China imbalances despite 11 out of the last 12 days beig up...but matters are stretched (however stimulus/further rate cut hopes keep things going...)
3. I write about the Kraft deal in my latest Yahoo Finance Contributors column and conclude that:
'Well done if you held some Kraft but if you are looking for somewhere to reinvest those newly created profits then take a look at an historic part of the Kraft empire: Mondelez. Funny name, potentially interesting investing opportunity here'
4. I liked this chart on the Nikkei's volatility - that feels as if it is going to pick up...
5. ...meanwhile there is continued volatility sourced from the oil market as noted above. So why is Yemen so important? This chart is helpful...it is note the Strait of Hormuz but Bab el-Mandeb is potentially a bigger choke point than the much better known Suez Canel.