With the US markets in particular still strong I thought it would be worthwhile to start with a 'where are we now' with (US) valuations. 92nd percentile...you can find higher valuations BUT it is stretched:
Many headlines today on the strong UK Pound (for example the front page of The Financial Times 'Pound hits six year Dollar high'). This from the excellent GaveKal blog on the Pound's push into a PPP premium against the US Dollar. Hmmm.
Here's an interesting graphic from this report on Apple which shows a very interesting share decline in both the US and China due to cheap Android competition.
Talking about mobile...its rise and rise versus desktops is huge. Still a huge theme.
Finally - and I am surprised at a certain level it took so long - here is the Suarez bottle opener for those of you wanting to prolong the World Cup spirit...





Pound over/under valuations so persistent as to be virtually un-tradable.
ReplyDeleteThe biggest anomaly is the weakness of the US Dollar...unless it pops up materially then currency wars await. One to watch!
ReplyDeleteI've come to realize all I do is trade volatility, have no real grasp of currency valuations!
Delete