Saturday, 14 May 2016

The last week on Financial Orbit

Another busy week on Financial Orbit.  One highlight was that I appeared on the LSE Share Talk and discussed many aspects around investment today including some of my own investment learnings.  You can listen to this piece in full here.


I also appeared on Share Radio as usual 6-9am (UK time) on a Tuesday and Wednesday morning to review financial news, breaking company results as well as politics and related.  Don't forget to listen when you can via their excellent Radioplayer (link here). 

Turning to my content publications, this weeks Financial Orbit Macro publications covered a lot of ground.  For me the most fascinating insights were first the overriding fear about a Chinese slowdown versus any other geopolitical issue...


...and maybe linked to this the lack of bullish sentiment among current market participants: 


Hard not to sense some opportunities at the current (lack of) sentiment levels despite all the worries out there...especially as the (now largely complete ex the retail sector) US earnings season has not been that bad even taking into account the usual games that go on with expectations.  Certainly more than enough for some stock picking opportunities to be apparent. 


Financial Orbit Stocks discussed some of these opportunities from a 'preferred list' perspective.  This week I looked at Adecco, AP Moeller-Maersk, BHP Billiton, Carnival Cruises, Disney, LafargeHolcim, Nokia, Syngenta and UBS...and added to at least of these names. 

I kept on building the Financial Orbit Immediate 'best of' list too adding a net four new names to make my active traders list of global equity opportunities sixteen names strong now.  I expect to add a few more next week as I get closer to the twenty maximum.  

As always if you want a two week trial of any or all of my content publications please just sent me an email. 

Chris Bailey
Founder, Financial Orbit Limited

Email: chris.bailey@financialorbit.com
Twitter: @financial_orbit 

1 comment: