It has been a very busy week on the range of Financial Orbit publications too.
Financial Orbit Macro chronicled every business day morning the breaking macro news. My favourite chart of the week? Probably this one below which highlighted the bear market obsession that was apparent by the middle of last week...and from which point (with a little help from Mr Draghi of the ECB) markets started to improve.
There were a number of earnings and related updates for Financial Orbit Stocks to appraise. Among the stocks and themes covered in the once a business day updates on the two Financial Orbit preferred lists included:
- Carnival, Barclays, LafargeHolcim, China facing stocks, dividends
- Electrolux, Tiffany’s and UBS
- BHP Billiton and Royal Dutch Shell
- AIA, Tiffany, Addeco, Randgold and Barclays
Finally Financial Orbit Immediate also covered the global earnings season generally outside the range of my preferred stocks. A selection of the topics written up:
- Thoughts on the Schlumberger numbers post their conference call
- Super Mario (Draghi) is back…a few notes from the ECB press conference
- Suncor’s (third) offer for Canadian Oil Sands
- Carlsberg and the falling Russian rouble
- Prudential – the best bits from this week's investor seminar
- Thoughts on the SAP earnings;
- Thoughts on the GE earnings;
- Quick review of the Eurozone ‘flash’ PMI numbers
- Sentiment, oil, UK retailers, UK banks
- Netflix – great theme and confident presentation but huge valuation
- IBM – value stock or a value trap?
If you would like to receive any of the above reports or join any of the above mailing lists then contact me (or read more here or at the tab above).
Founder, Financial Orbit