1. Asia – more stimulus coming in China later this month as this year policy eased on 4 Feb, 20 April, 28 June, 26 August, 24 October - so every even month is a policy easing month?! (h/t @simonting for this observation). Certainly the noises coming out of the Xinhua news agency re ‘accommodative’ fiscal and monetary policy would be consistent with this.
Japan – still a sluggish growth backdrop:
Japanese Gov't Sees Recent Stimulus Package Adding 0.6 Ppt To Growth Over Next 3 Years – RTRS
Japan Gov’t Sees 1.7% Growth In FY16 After 1.2% In FY15 – BBG
Every investor still loves Japan though…hmm.
2. I published a new posting on ShareProphets titled: "How Greece saved my 2015 tips dullness" (link here).
3. I wrote up some thoughts on one of the few reporters this week: Paychex (link here).
A couple of tweets to finish up...
4. Great YTD perf chart via http://on.ft.com/1TfzCMJ
5. Meanwhile US Q3 growth statistical updates were hardly rampant...
...continuing the tradition of missing hopes...
...but looking at the detail the old combination of negative net exports (thanks the strong US dollar) and a negative contribution from inventories were influential. Underlying domestic final demand was actually...ok.