1. Key for Chinese market…focus on weak yuan beneficiaries and new economy stocks
I liked this from Zero Hedge: China has 9 days to unleash another EM market crisis and delay the Fed hike.
At least China’s reserves are high!
2. Another highly volatile oil commodity day...
And what happened after this earlier period in the oil market? Ah yes, a big price rise!
3. I wrote up the Anglo American investor update which really did not make very pleasant reading...especially for the company's workers (link here).
4. Interesting from the NFIB in the US...not exactly a classic backdrop for an interest rate rise!
5. And finally...I listen to the Smith & Wesson conference call after the close of the US markets. A write-up will follow but aside from the strong performance below...
...the tone of the conference call comments was pretty positive. Now to work out if it is now all in the price:
Exceeding – ‘above the top end of our guidance range’
$SWHC Sees Yr Adj EPS $1.26-$1.31, Saw $1.14-$1.19, Est $1.20
‘increased fixed cost absorption’ due to higher volumes
Polymer pistol good
‘highest single day in NICS history’ – Black Friday. Up over 7% yoy and handgun +27%
‘many exciting growth numbers in accessories’