1. Fascinating on globalisation...which has been a clear trend
...and potentially changes in world trade growth trends.
The scope for these two above charts to be linked are pretty clear.
2. I wonder if Scholastic is a value stock after their Q1 numbers today (link here).
3. Caterpillar gave a downbeat view as evidenced by this:
'This year is the company’s third consecutive down year for sales and revenues, and 2016 would mark the first time in Caterpillar’s 90-year history that sales and revenues have decreased four years in a row'
A multi-year low for the stock today:
4. I remain a fan of gold and liked this chart from @MarkNewtonCMT stripping out the dollar effect from the price. Looks potentially primed...
5. Meanwhile in European corporates a day of rumour and counter-rumour in the autos sector. Maybe BMW are going to be a little embarrassed by this...