Thursday, 3 September 2015

Financial Orbit wrap 02/09/15

Five sentences or graphics which sum up the Financial Orbit output over the last 24 hours across the website, twitter account and anything else thought about...

1. Brexit – it will be ‘remain’ vs ‘leave’ rather than ‘yes’ vs ‘no’ as the UK EU referendum question will be ‘Should the UK remain a member of the European Union or leave the European Union?’.  My instinct is that the result next year will be a 'remain' (i.e. a 'yes' for staying in the EU).


2. I remain impressed by Ashtead numbers in the plant hire equipment space (link here)...


3. ...as well as the European thematic growth company Umicore (link here): 


4. My comment on chat that the Ukrainian debt negotiations are not going well...

Week ago seemed set for a c. 20% haircut agreement. My view: creditors should snap hand off 20% otherwise hello 40%.

5. Between the ADP and upcoming NFP numbers I was impressed by this correlation analysis by @ScouseView.  0.49 R2 correlation...I think #NFPGuesses remain just that...


No comments:

Post a Comment