1. A massive corporate results day...and with more to come (Starbucks, Amazon, Visa etc after hours...) Overall tone? Differentiation and in my view selected opportunities (but keep your hedges up).
2. I write about Syngenta following their numbers and conclude that if Monsanto want to successfully bid for them...they are going to have to bid up...(link here).
3. I also write about the UK-listed Johnson Matthey and conclude that you do a lot worse with regard to a precious metals related proxy due to their general technology/innovation excellence (link here).
4. And then onto the US...in a first cut GM, 3M and CAT...with the latter capturing my attention the most...
5. ...and then in a second cut Dr Pepper and Kimberly-Clark. Impressive shareholder remuneration from both...but the latter has a very strong performing division slightly hidden by the overall numbers (although the shares are not cheap at the moment).