1. Welcome to the 'Greferendum' weekend...
GPO POLL: Yes 44.1% vs No 43.7% --GPO poll for Mega TV
Greece Constitutional Court rejects appeal against Greferendum, vote clear to go ahead on Sunday
2. Chinese market volatility continues and almost as inevitably an investigation started into ‘market manipulators’ Shanghai bourse was down 7% at one point, finished down over 4%+ by the close...and what a last week (although not actually the worst one of the year so far!)
3. PMI Services day. Asia was not that hot...
China HSBC Services PMI (Jun): 51.8 (prev 53.5) and survey provider calls for more stimulus. Meanwhile Indian services PMI falls <50 for the first time in 14 months.
4. ...whilst the UK was above hopes and Europe looked better at four year highs...
...but ultimately issues such as continued stimulus and Greece play an influence:
And as Fast FT noted it was hardly a great week for European equities:
The 3.5 per cent drop is the biggest decline for an index made up of Europe's 300 largest listed companies the week ending December 12, when it dropped 5.9 per cent.
5. What else? June was a big IPO month (uh oh...)
...and the Brazilian services PMI was very poor with this observation from survey provider Markit:
'Private sector output plunges amid worst downturn in services activity since March 2009...technical recession in Q2'
Have a good weekend