Wednesday, 1 July 2015

Financial Orbit wrap 01/07/15

Five sentences or graphics which sum up the Financial Orbit output over the last 24 hours across the website, twitter account and anything else thought about...

1. So the Greeks did not pay the IMF...no surprises there. This leave the country not in classically quality economic company...


Still, markets were buoyed by hopes there may be an early compromise rather than a referendum...although by the end of the day such hopes appeared to have been dashed/rowed back from...I particularly enjoyed this blog posting by Mr Varoufakis titled:

'Why we recommend a NO in the referendum – in 6 short bullet points'

2. First day of the new quarter / second half of the year etc.  But how did markets and related perform in the first six months of 2015? 

The always excellent Bespoke provided this extremely useful Q2/H1 performance insight - 


3. I wrote up the General Mills numbers here: at a certain level I was more impressed than I thought I would be.  

4. June performance data showed some differentials between my hedged and my long-only pension fund portfolios.  Link here.  Nevertheless I am very pleased with how the first half has worked out on both portfolios.  

5. Thoughts on FT Alphaville / Camp Alphaville to follow tomorrow morning - lots to think about! 


No comments:

Post a Comment