1. China – so much for that early week optimism, rough day on the Shanghai Composite down over 7% as I write and as Fast FT noted:
'It's down 18.8 per cent from its recent multi-year peak close on June 12 of 5,166.35. This brings it perilously close to bear market territory, defined as a 20 per cent fall from a peak. A bear market would kick in at 4,133.08 points'.
2. I write about Greece in my latest Yahoo Finance Contributors column (link here)
3. What a month for US IPOs as per this chart from Fast FT...
4. The latest Financial Orbit Speaks is out!
Financial Orbit Speaks is a regular macroeconomic and stock specific enhanced podcast by Chris Bailey, Founder and Chief Investment Officer of Financial Orbit Limited.
This edition includes observations on Greece, why the volatility in China is a growing opportunity, challenges to the US backdrop, generational issues in Japan and why stock picking is thematically attractive and the correct investment mindset to adopt.
To access this output please go here.
5. And finally...have a good weekend!