Friday, 19 June 2015

Financial Orbit wrap 19/06/15

Five sentences or graphics which sum up the Financial Orbit output over the last 24 hours across the website, twitter account and anything else thought about...

An early wrap as I hope to publish a new Financial Orbit Speaks before the end of the day.  By the way did you notice the new Financial Orbit Speaks tab on the website?

1. I write up the Smith & Wesson numbers/conference call and conclude there is a clear level to buy...and sell.


2. Greece – break up of talks late yesterday, to reconvene next Monday.  Best comment post the meeting? IMF Lagarde commenting on state of negotiations says not enough dialogue between "adults" in the room.  Here is the best graphic representation of those talks via @RANsquawk: 

To me a 'haircut'/bond restructuring is eminently sensible.  Meanwhile in the Ukraine I note here the first explicit talk of a haircut I have seen...and at 40% I would rate this as a sensible sort of proportional level.  

3. I write about Poundland (and loom bands) in my latest ShareProphets column (link here)...

4. ...meanwhile over at Yahoo Finance Contributors (link here) I talk about China, Hershey's, earnings warnings and...chocolate teapots! 


5. Finally - inspired by my Hershey's analysis above - I have a look at what price I would buy the stock. 


And finally...have a good weekend! 

No comments:

Post a Comment