Wednesday, 17 June 2015

Financial Orbit wrap 17/06/15

Five sentences or graphics which sum up the Financial Orbit output over the last 24 hours across the website, twitter account and anything else thought about...

1. Europe citizens – front page of the FT has a graphic which shows that ‘only 45% of Greeks felt like they were citizens of the EU when last surveyed, the lowest share of any member country.  Britons and Italians follow closely behind’



Meanwhile in the Ukraine big bondholders write a letter to the FT saying that a ‘haircut on bonds is wrong path for Ukraine’.  Classic creditors!  In my view they need to get real...


2. I write about what I learnt from (not successfully) investing in APR Energy (link here).  Always good to learn from your losers...

3. In my latest Yahoo Finance Contributors column I write about the lunacy that as per a survey a mere 100% of strategists were positive on Europe.  

100%...got to be going the other way then! 

4. The FOMC and Janet Yellen speak...and I interpret.  So lower growth and a lower US dollar and no rate rise (quelle surprise).  A few 'flash' thoughts here.  


5. A final couple of charts of the day...this from @adnanchian made me think about one of the current main issues of the financial world (my personal view remains that Grexit will not happen but inevitably the darkest hour in terms of sentiment is before the dawn)...


...and this from @callum_thomas on another important issue of the financial day (the Fed rate decision) made me laugh.  


No comments:

Post a Comment