Tuesday, 16 June 2015

Financial Orbit wrap 16/06/15

Five sentences or graphics which sum up the Financial Orbit output over the last 24 hours across the website, twitter account and anything else thought about...

1. So Greek discussions rumble on...



...as the debt repayment dates gets closer. My view remains that the creditors have to get real too...



2. Yes it is that time of the month again for all fund management industry watchers as the BoA-Merrill Lynch Fund Manager survey hits town.  It is fair enough that putting your hands on a copy is harder than ever but with all due reference to the content providers here are a few of the graphics that I have managed to get hold of...plus a few thoughts of my own surrounding them.

Well when Mr Draghi in the most recent ECB interest rate decision press conference tells you to anticipate volatility...that is what you logically do.  Funny how yesterday I sold my long EU volatility positions at a pleasant profit...  Quite amazing to see how little H2 2008 volatility protection there was...


3. I listen to the Factset quarterly numbers and conclude that the financial information provider is interesting but (link here)...

I think you can wait for a bad day etc. for one if not more of these levels but in short was I impressed: yes.

4. In European economic news the German ZEW was hardly sparkling...


5. The FOMC kicked off today (with the disclosures tomorrow at 2pm ET).  Just a quick visual reminder about the 'market versus Fed projections' debate.  I know who I believe...


No comments:

Post a Comment