1. So the UK General Election was a surprise...and UK assets at least for today were cheered. Shows you cannot trust the polls...I write up a few thoughts here on Yahoo Finance Contributors.
2. Very interesting piece on Chinese debt levels here (including some great charts like the one below)
3. I write up some thoughts on Apache's numbers yesterday which were rather complex...but I still see value (link here).
4. Whilst another large pension holding of mine - the Swiss/US listed agricultural entity Syngenta - rejected a healthy bid from global peer Monsanto. I muse on this here.
5. And finally...have a good weekend.