1. Chat that Japan govt economic adviser thinks that the yen fall is a the ‘limit of comfort zone’. Unbalanced economies generally get weaker and weaker FXs… Wage data in Japan still shabby…I still anticipating a tilt at 140 yen to the US dollar at some point.
2. Glencore results were inevitably mixed...but I like their structural optimism about their mining sector exposures:
3. Paddy Power shows why mobile/the internet is such an all-pervading theme. Look at that proportional Australian growth!
4. I write my first finance sector book review on Financial Orbit (link here).
5. Sign of the fixed interest and currency times:
A flood of blockbuster deals, including a $21bn offer by Actavis and a $7bn sale byExxon, will push total offerings of new debt securities above the $30bn mark by the end of the day — making it one of the largest on record for new bond sales