Lots happening today - away from the Twitter feed and website posting too. Here are some highlights:
1. FX volatility – far too high for less than a month into the year...
2. Meanwhile the Chinese yuan mid-point fix was at 6.11282.... diversion at 1.9%, which is a record (PBOC limit is set at 2%) even whilst the currency was rising up the SWIFT tables:
3. Favourite company insights? In Europe you also have to look at what SKF are saying...and basically it is (outside Asia) a bit neutral...
4. Far too many numbers in the US...but did you see what the Fed said? Here's a nice summary from Fast FT:
It is that latter quote which really interests me...
5. As for a general volatility update, here are a few headlines which interest me over recent hours:
If Syriza really forcing out Bank of Greece Governor Stournaras then Grexit just took another step closer.
Greek Bank Shares Tumbling; Piraeus -30%, NBG -28%, Alpha -23%, Eurobank -22%
Brazil's 2015 Real GDP Forecast Cut to -0.5% by Goldman Sachs
RBNZ say NZD is still too high, sees low inflation through 2015, will be below target; construction and households strong points
China News: most Chinese provinces lower 2015 growth target --BBG
And people wonder why the VIX has reattained 20!