1. Russian economic data unsurprisingly remains very mixed as this latest output from Markit notes.
2. Other European data out today was decidedly mixed with Spain's consumer price index falling at a 1.1% year-on-year pace last month, according to the country's national statistics institute. No wonder a bunch of European sovereign bonds (outside of Greece of course) tumbled to fresh yield lows whilst equity markets had a wobbly +1% sort of fall day in the region...QE has to be on the card for Q1 15 otherwise something closer to the Japan scenario gets closer.
3. I write-up my favourite gold stock as my top tip on the Share Prophets website...
4. ...and also include the name along with fourteen of my other favourites in my '15 Global stocks for 2015' posting (link here).
5. Talking about gold...what an interesting chart via @Smaulgld (although check the axes carefully for perspective):