1. In Asian analysis some interesting historical perspective on the recent Japanese sales tax hike
2. I compare the FTSE-100 index to one of the greatest films of the early 1990s... (link here)
3. ...whilst RSA Insurance makes a sensible disposal.
4. Janet Yellen speaks at Jackson Hole and markets sort of shrug their shoulders following a pretty well-balanced speech (link here)...
5. ...whilst Mario Draghi is moving closer to QE action and basically, in conjunction with various European governments, throwing everything at the European recovery by noting that it would be "helpful . . . if fiscal policy could play a greater role alongside monetary policy". His presentation contained this excellent chart...showing that the world is far from fixed with negative real rates expected for a good while yet:
Have a good weekend