The most popular five articles on the site in the last week -
1. For the second week in a row, the most popular post over the last week was written in November and concerned the Swiss recruitment company Adecco, the rise of temporary employment and the contrast between the US and Europe (link here). As I said last week, an important subject and macroeconomic trend...but it raises the question of why suddenly people are looking at it now. Clearly following my comments last week, readers have remained curious why others are curious...
2. The quarterly results from Verizon continued not to show any material competitive impact from other US peers despite some recent rhetoric. What does the share price valuation say about this and do my thoughts align with those of Jim Cramer? A few thoughts here.
3. This piece on IBM was written after their quarterly results disclosure but before the server systems deal with Lenovo (thoughts on this deal can be found here).
4. Insights from the global consumer goods companies Unilever and SAB Miller can be found here including some impacts from the emerging markets - which has become a topical subject recently with regards to the last week's markets volatility.
5. Microsoft and the importance of the US$36 share price level was reviewed here.